The FINANCE specialization
Behind the scenes of the world of finance there is more than just numbers. After all, the ambiguous picture that's been drawn there in recent years is man-made. So is the reputation the industry has gained in light of the financial and economic crises. You will explore, reflect and learn to design the on-going change of the financial industry on a global scale in all its dynamic complexity.
Person in charge
Eva Maria Maske, Management (M.A.)
"The Specialization modules give you a deeper profile and they are THE one chance to deal and learn about YOUR topics – take the opportunity!"
FINANCE in the Master Management structure
For detailed information about each module please see the module description on the right.
Study year 1
- What rules and tools apply to business modeling?
- How have business models been changing?
- How do I develop new, tangible business models?
- What is the role of ethnographic research in this?
Key Concepts for the Study of Management as Culture: Cultural Turns
Controlling: Leading for Results
Rhetorics and Stylistics
Revolutions & Bubbles
Culture, Markets & Consumption
Governance: Norms, Rules & Rituals
Power & Conflict
Study year 2
Staging in Global Financial Markets
- What are the factors that influence financial decisions?
- How do official and informal codes of conduct relate?
- How do I depict actions and agendas in finance?
- What does the staging of financial events convey?