The NEW MEDIA specialization
Most people exist in at least two spaces: a physical and a virtual one. Although linked, the two appear to follow very different logics and dynamics at times. That can be just as frightening as productive and innovative. You will examine digital network cultures, learn to decode what is going on there and develop strategies for communication and staging in and beyond Web 2.0.
Person in charge
Kim Alishia Hübsch, Management (M.A.)
"My 'New Media' specialization was the perfect choice for me. It offered me the possibility to have a closer look at different media perspectives while having specific insights, too. Being smart about the digital world is essential nowadays in order to stay superior over the competitors."
NEW MEDIA in the Master Management structure
For detailed information about each module please see the module description on the right.
Study year 1
New Media Culture
- How do network and everyday culture relate?
- How does the prior impact socio-economic relationships?
- What changes and novelties have emerged in it?
- How can I research practices in new media?
Key Concepts for the Study of Management as Culture: Cultural Turns
Controlling: Leading for Results
Rhetorics and Stylistics
Culture, Markets & Consumption
Governance: Norms, Rules & Rituals
Power & Conflict
Study year 2
Social Media Lab
- How can I control the uncontrollability of social media?
- What may suitable strategies and practices look like?
- How do I design and run social media campaigns?
- Do it! This is a practical playing field.