IB Diploma Programme Students at Karls
Karlshochschule International University has a long tradition
of educating international IB students and strongly encourages
IB Diploma Programme (DP) students to apply.
Karlshochschule International University recognizes that students
who have received the International baccalaureate diploma come
especially prepared for a university education because of the
following key components:
- the Theory of Knowledge course requirement, which has allowed students to reflect critically on the nature of “knowledge” and “knowing” in their own and other cultures
- the Extended Essay requirement, which has given the students the possibility to engage in rigorous independent research before even starting university
- the Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS) component, which has asked students to look beyond the textbook and has started their path in educational personal growth
Daniela Barth, Bachelor Student International Relations attended Brent International School in the Philippines where she received her IB Diploma in 2020
"Of all the specific requirements of the IB Diploma, I think the Theory of Knowledge course best prepares students for the university experience in general. This theoretical course where we created mind maps and talked and read about many different theoretical perspectives was a perfect preparation for any university course that involves a lot of theory. I was able to apply what I learned to many of my courses at Karls. The Extended Essay also took away my fear of big written papers - I learned how to do research on my own".
DP students are eligible for admission based on completion of both the programme and their scores in individual DP courses. Karlshochschule International University does not have different IB course requirements for certain faculties. Our admissions office does accept anticipated grades for IB examinations, which students can hand in directly. Language proficiency must be met by providing IELTS or TOEFL certifications. A statement from the high school informing the university that English was the language of instruction will be sufficient as well.
Karlshochschule Admission Requirements for IB Diploma students
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB diploma) is a school-leaving qualification that is awarded by the Geneva-based, private sector International Baccalaureate (IB) Organization and can be earned at thousands of schools worldwide. Throughout Germany, an IB diploma is generally recognized as a school-leaving certificate.
- According to the resolution of the Standing Conference of Education Ministers, the IB Diploma is recognised as a higher education entrance qualification when the diploma “has been conferred after the graduate has attended a minimum of twelve consecutive years of full-time education”
- Please note: our admission requirement is based on the decision of the Standing Conference of Education Ministers (Kultusministerkonferenz) on 10 March 1986 in the amended version dated 7 March 2019 with regard to the recognition of the “International Baccalaureate Diploma / Diplôme du Baccalauréat International”.
- Please check out the full details on the DAAD Website