Karls with Friends
As an international university we value intercultural experiences of our students - a lot. The vivid exchange between different cultures, experiencing the new and unfamiliar, and navigating in unknown contexts can enrich your academic studies and broaden your horizon. That is why we want to support our students to go from Karlsruhe into the world. Join the Karls and go into the world, making your own intercultural experiences before or during your studies.
Bring a friend into the Karls and we will support you with your next adventure: whether it is an interrail trip, your volunteer work abroad, work & travel, au-pair, language courses ...
Current as well as prospective admitted students convince a friend to study at the Karls. In return we will support your intercultural experience financially with up to 300 EUR. You can find below all the details regarding the conditions applied.
- You are an alumni, a currently enrolled student of Karlshochschule or a prospective student who already has signed your own study contract.
- The financial support is limited to newly recruited students starting in the fall semester 2017 at Karlshochschule, who do not get a scholarship from Karlshochschule, respectively the Merkurstiftung and/or our partner organizations.
- The financial support of your intercultural experience before or during your studies refers to travel costs (e.g. flight tickets), program fees (e.g. volunteer program) or seminar charges (e.g. language classes). Excluded are material costs, visa fees, rent payments, tuition fees or already subsidized programs. The intercultural experience can already be booked or have been started, but has to be occurred after Janaury 1, 2017.
- Our financial support (up to 300 EUR) will be granted once the first installment of the recruited student's tuition fees has been paid. In addition, a receipt of the expenses, which occured from the intercultural experience, has to be presented.
- As part of the financial support, the beneficiary agrees to provide a "story" (short text and one to two photos) to the communications department of Karlshochschule International University for further usage.
- Employees, professors and lectures are excluded from participating. Freelancing students, who work for marketing events of Karlshochschule (in particular at open house days, student fairs, and assessment days) are excluded from participating in the context of their paid activities for Karlshochschule International University.