International Sustainability Management
Sustainability is the central challenge of the 21st century in business and society, both local as well as on the global level.
Sustainability to me is an ecological sound economic development that is designed socially inclusive and culturally sensitive – by internationally and interdisciplinary trained people with a passion to think and work together and find new solutions for the great challenges of our time.
I am especially interested in issues related to the ecological and societal responsibility of business in the light of globalization and climate change. Of key importance to me is taking into account an intercultural perspective on different ethical questions of a sustainable development in business and society.
With this study program I will be well equipped to become a pioneer in the field of International Sustainability Management. I will acquire in-depth knowledge allowing me to communicate and work successfully with all relevant actors in the field of sustainable business – with corporate managers just as well as with representatives of NGOs and national and international institutions.
Later I will work on all aspects of sustainability management with companies of different industries, with consultancies and innovative start-ups, with think-tanks and public institutions.
Head of the Degree Program
Degree Program Structure
Karlshochschule opens up a whole new, exciting world with each module in the International Sustainability Management study program. When I look at the module overview, I discover at the same time how the contents of my studies are logically interconnected, thereby revealing International Sustainability Management to me as an overarching whole.
Study year 1: Analysis and Strategy in Management and Scientific Research Methods
- History and theories of globalization
- Classics of economic theory: Adam Smith, David Ricardo, Karl Marx
- Globalization as innovation: Joseph Schumpeter
- John Maynard Keynes and Bretton Woods: global gconomic institutions
- International actors: governments, inter-governmental and supra-national bodies, multinationals
- Globalization and ecology
- Postcolonial perspectives
- Globalization at the crossroads: "Clash of Cultures" or global cooperation
Introduction to Management and its Quantitative Methods
Introduction to Scientific Research Methods
English/German as a Foreign Language 1
English as a Foreign Language 2
Study year 2: Transfer of theoretical knowledge to company projects
- Global dynamics (politics, society and population, economics, ethics, etc.) and their crystallization in local processes
- The main features of integrated civilization and culture
- Demography and regional stereotypes
- Socio-economic society structures
- Current economy and politics
- Composition and dynamics of the market and its media
- Case studies on representative companies
- International aspects of business activities in the host country, as well as market and demand requirements, in particular as regards exchanges between the host and home country