The CREATIVITY & INNOVATION specialization
Creativity and innovation are a bit like a bagel and cream cheese: One doesn't really go without the other. However, you will see that it is a lot more complex than that. To foster innovation you must learn to challenge and channel your creativity without suffocating it. We will work together to master this issue and to incorporate the fuzziness into your performance.
Person in charge
David Chaviano, Management (M.A.)
"The creativity modules are a healthy blend of academic theory and unrestricted thought; it certainly provided one of the most entertaining final semester projects."
CREATIVITY & INNOVATION in the Master Management structure
For detailed information about each module please see the module description on the right.
Study year 1
Creativity in Context
- What is the role of the 'I' in the creative process?
- How do social relationships influence creativity?
- How do creators, creation and stakeholders relate?
- How do I research creativity?
Key Concepts for the Study of Management as Culture: Cultural Turns
Controlling: Leading for Results
Rhetorics and Stylistics
Culture, Markets & Consumption
Governance: Norms, Rules & Rituals
Power & Conflict
Study year 2
Creativity & Innovation
- How do creativity and innovation relate?
- What determines the success of creative action?
- How can I develop and enforce innovations?
- How do ethics influence the innovation process?