The CULTURAL CHANGE & SOCIETY specialization
People are not machines. No matter how much "classical" management studies try to convince you otherwise. You can only become a successful manager when you truly understand people, how they shape and are shaped by culture, and how society as a whole progresses. So you will learn to care for and relate to the life-worlds of people in order to accompany and actively design change.
Person in charge
Julia Csatary, Management (M.A.)
"Cultural Change & Society is the most diverse and interesting course I have ever taken – if you are interested in cultural changes and its impact on society, go for it!"
CULTURAL CHANGE & SOCIETY in the Master Management structure
For detailed information about each module please see the module description on the right.
Study year 1
Culture & Society in Change: History & Trends
- How have culture and society changed historically?
- How do culture, society, technology, politics and economy relate?
- What current trends will shape our future?
- What remains in the midst of dramatic change?
Key Concepts for the Study of Management as Culture: Cultural Turns
Controlling: Leading for Results
Rhetorics and Stylistics
Creative Constructions: Performance & Performativity
Culture, Markets & Consumption
Governance: Norms, Rules & Rituals
Power & Conflict
Study year 2
Cultural Leadership: Betwixt & Between
- In what way are managers 'always in-between'?
- How do I act within this liminal sphere?
- How does understanding culture influence leadership?
- What is the potential impact of cultural leadership?