The HUMAN RESOURCES & DIVERSITY specialization
Diversity, difference, multiple identities, mutual understanding, but also conflict and negotiation are not exceptions but the basic materials our world is made of. What is new is their visibility as well as the growing interdependence between the actors of this multi-coloured world. You know that the best opportunity to strengthen organizations, society and culture is to moderate diversity. That's exactly what you will be doing here. You will learn how discourses about identity can generate recognition or discrimination. You will develop future-oriented solutions for ethically dealing with diversity and at the same time benefitting from their synergy. On this basis, you will develop a diversity-based approach to leadership that is able to actively accompany this change in organizations and society.
Person in charge
Katja Korschinek, Management (M.A.)
"Through very small groups it is possible to have very intense discussions and it is possible to get a whole lot of new insights and point of views."
HUMAN RESOURCES & DIVERSITY in the Master Management structure
For detailed information about each module please see the module description on the right.
Study year 1
- What constitutes identity, diversity and society?
- What do various concepts add to their understanding?
- To what extend is identity an issue of subjectivity?
- How can I do research on identity and belonging?
Key Concepts for the Study of Management as Culture: Cultural Turns
Controlling: Leading for Results
Rhetorics and Stylistics
Diversity & Organizational Culture
Culture, Markets & Consumption
Governance: Norms, Rules & Rituals
Power & Conflict
Study year 2
Diversity & Leadership
- What is the role of diversity for economic success?
- How do I cater to individual needs in a diverse group?
- How do I lead and develop diverse, intercultural teams?
- How can I establish cooperative international networks?