What we offer
The seminars include workshops on intercultural topics and an exchange between outgoing, incoming and returning students and are part of an innovative intercultural learning scenario that combines in-class and online programs and funded by the European Union (available for all outgoing students), providing you
- A curriculum that supports a sustainable, reflexive and personal intercultural learning experience before, during and after your semester abroad and gives you the opportunity to make out of your experiences during the semester abroad not only something that you can keep as a nice memory, but something that you can include in your CV.
- The chance to share your experience virtually around the world.
- The possibility of pass on your culture specific knowledge and the intercultural (but not only) know-how that you will acquire to future generations of students (at Karlshochschule and from many other universities).
- The prospect of bringing your intercultural competence to the next step.
Students participating in all parts of the Connect 2.0 curriculum (pre-departure training, online modules and re-entry training) will receive a certificate.
The project results will not only be documented and evaluated from a quality assurance perspective, but also scientifically analyzed with regard to the publication of a series of articles and papers about the development of intercultural competence, in particular relating to mobilities in the context of higher education.
Connect 2.0: Intercultural Learning Network
Connect 2.0 is an intersectoral strategic partnership project in the framework of Erasmus+ in the areas of youth and higher education.
Together with our Connect 2.0 partner institutions from seven European countries, we have developed an innovative intercultural learning scenario for outgoing exchange students that combines in-class and online programs to support our students before, during and after their mobility. The Connect 2.0 project consists of three elements:
- A pre-departure face2face training
- Online Modules and Experience map, in which students document their experiences in the form of reports, videos, links etc. - during the mobility period
- A re-entry face2face reflection workshop
For a look at the basic idea of Connect 2.0, please see the Connect 2.0 project website.