- Reference collection: Books that should be available to all users at any time and can only be used in the library. A yellow sticker on the books indicates that they are part of the "reference collection"
- Books of which several copies exist can be borrowed for two weeks. In order to borrow a book the student ID is needed
- A collection of printed and electronic journals
- Access to various databases relevant to your studies
- Access to all electronic services outside of the University via VPN admissions
- Library Online catalogue via the library homepage
- Interlibrary loan: Books that cannot be found at any library in Karlsruhe can be ordered through interlibrary loan from other academic libraries in Germany